Re: m car #'s

MBerger100@domain.elided wrote:

> i own an '88 m-5 (origional buyer) i don't think the u.s. production was ever
> meant to be 800...i believe more like 2600 were sold here. bmw was even sued
> thru a class action and settled w/ the owners by giving each of us a $4000
> credit on another ( our next) bmw.the certificate was tradeable or
> redemable......
>   what was your source? i'm actually selling my m-5 now and will ask more if
> the #'s are that low.

I always heard that E28 M5 production figures were 1200 for NA. BMW was
sued because they went over the original figure of 500. I've never heard
a figure as low as 800, but this is coming straight from BMW NA through
the MDriver publication. I was also surprised to see their figures for the
E30 M3 @ 3,666. I've always read that there were 4,966 in NA. Interesting.

beebs
88 M5
88 M3