Re: <WOB> flashing headlights/Urban legends & gun control

	I too have heard the flashing headlights legend. I know it's based on real
events (most myths are) but the legend part was that there was a FAX
circulating among gang members that this was to be an initiation.

	The main reason I don't flash other BMW owners is that most of them are
not BMW enthusiasts (well that and my hi-beams don't work).
If you feel the need to flash, just don't flash lowered BMWs with the tires
sticking way out, Old Chevy Impalas, or Acura Integras and you should be fine.

	As for the gentleman who was forced to draw down on the hoodlums, that's
why I don't live in California (or any other heavily gun controlled state)
, because as a civilian I'd be in worse trouble for even thinking about
using my 2nd amendment rights in self defense then they would be for
bashing my skull in with a bat.

	I still feel much better driving at night with my trusty ole' Springfield
1911-A1 under the seat (yes I know it's against the law but better to be
judged by 12 than carried by 6).

Sorry for the WOB and the Rant,
Mike Biles
'76 '02
'96 Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Mil-Spec (I think I've got a box of black
talons lying around here somewhere)