Re: Road America - OktoberFAST

The deer incident at Road America was quite a mess. I had the
unfortunate honor of having to swerve to avoid Joe's right front
headlight assembly as I slowed from the previous flag station showing
yellow and yellow & red stripe flags. The deer was just off the track
on the right - very damaged. Joe, his instructor, and his car were up
the track further on the left. It was heads-up driving that kept him
straight and on the pavement. There was a bridge to avoid with many
tire walls.

Fortunately for all, no one was hurt and the day was not ruined. My
wife Marcia was a volunteer in the tower and, once it was discovered
that all was reasonably well, she delivered a "No Hunting" sign to Joe
that the track starter found next to the track near the start/finish
bridge. The sign was promptly mounted on the fender with race tape.

Later that evening on the interstate home, we passed the tow
truck...and shivered a little.

...ned.
'98 M3 [BLACK M3]
#127659