re: urban legends

John,

>Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:48:21 -0700
>From: John Fountaine <jfount@domain.elided>
>Subject: urban legends
>
>...They had a
>baseball bat, and announced they were going to "crush my f*&cking skull.  I
>drew my .45 from my shoulder holster and announced that bringing a bat to a
>gun fight was a poor strategy.

Were you an off-duty police officer at the time of this incident ?  My only
self-defense weapon is 240bhp, 4 good tires, and a tankful of gas...

>They said their partner in the car had
>gun, so I pointed mine at him and said, "then he dies first".  His eyes got
>very wide and they retreated

I've got to tell you - this is an awesome line.  most people in your
situation would either urinate all over themselves, or shoot someone...  the
line ' ... then he dies first ' is extremely logical and to the point.  are
you sure you didn't miss your calling in life as a systems analyst ?

Best regards,

George
'97 M3 sedan