Auto Creeping

>>Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 14:19:50 -0400
From: Lee.Leslie@domain.elided
Subject: Auto "Creeping"

What does everyone mean by creeping? When I am at a light my car (auto
88'635,
155K) pulls pretty hard, I really have to keep my foot on the brake or I
will
roll into the car infront of me (even uphill) but it does not surge, it is
pretty constant.. is this a sign? Any experience on what happens when it
goes?
I have heard conflicting openions some tell me that I have to replace the
whole thing w/ estimates from 1-4G's & then I have heard others say it can
be
re-built.. I can live with $1,000, but $4,000 almost makes me want to sell
it.. Any insight would be apprecieated..

No, no. The ZF trannies that break, creep (technical explanation:  move
forward slowly) IN NEUTRAL.  That's how you be knowin' that yo'  "A" clutch
pack has departed this life.

All auto trannies will creep somewhat forward in DRIVE.  That's how they
work don't you know?

Change your fluids, don't rev in neutral and be happy.  All auto trannies
die eventually.

Bon Chance,

Bob Duckworth