Re: CHP & Radar In CA

> Date: 21 Oct 98 10:47:01 PDT
> From: SMILLER@domain.elided
> Subject: CHP & Radar In CA
> It used to be that the CA state legislature refused to approve funds for
> the CHP to buy radar, so they never used it on the freeways.  (CA is a
> big state and said legislators often travel home on weekends, apparently
> at high speeds.)

After a trip down Interstate 5 a few weeks ago with a friend's borrowed
Valentine One, I can say that the CHP uses radar *extensively* on this freeway
(at least between Los Banos and Grapevine).  I had clear warning of at least 3
CHPs on the opposite side of the road with moving radar (one was pulling a
victim over), and one major speed trap at an overpass with a good half dozen
patrol cars.  I avoided all of them, certainly making me glad I borrowed the
V1.  (This was in a 911, going "fairly fast" :-)

		-Mike

'98 323 iC
'87 Carrera coupe