Full Face Helmets / Deer

>Subject: Road America - OktoberFAST
Of course there were some incidents, but no injuries that I know of. I
>think the worst incident was in my group (intermediate) when a really nice
>325ix met up with a deer. There were no winners. Fortunately, the deer was
>killed (as in not much suffering) and didn't go through the window. There
>was considerable damage to the front of the passenger side.

And this is a primary reason why you buy a full face helmet.

Hitting deer at 100 mph is tough. I hit one a year ago at a mere 45 mph and
it did all sorts of damage.  Any of ya'll that deal with Bill Love at OG
Racing ask him about the Porsche that hit the deer @ Summit Point in '96
and the Instructor had on a 3/4 NASCAR style helmet. He LOVES to tell that
(ugh) story graphically.

Duane Collie