Re:

OK,    I'll except that I paid more than say a shop in MN, MI, or WA, but, where do you get the mods done?  Is it here in the SF Bay Area?  I'm open to other shops that do high perf. work on BMWs who are as stated before:
A) Are within a 1.5 hr. driving distance of my residence
B) Are trust worthy and know somthing about my 'in the words of Duane "Geeeeezzzzzerrrr" E28',
C) Have a better than fair chance of getting the work done right the first time,
D) Have the tools and knowledgable technicians to get it done.

    It's real clear the UUC boys out east have the knowledge, space and tools to do the work themselves.  Thats great, I don't.  So I have to find someone I can trust to do it.  I'm not a auto mechanic/technician.  Agian, I've been using Dinan for ~10 years
now and have had mostly a good to excellent service there.  I can't say that for the 7-8 other shops I've tried where I know more about my car than the technicians who are working on it!!!!   This is not good.

    Here in the SF Bay Area, there aren't that many options for High perf. shops for BMWs.
Again, if you know of someone else, clue me in.

Take Care,
Russ