RE: 320iS Advice

[snip]

> You're right, $3500 is way too much.  I just picked up an '83 320i for
> $1000, which was a good deal - the body's in a similar
> condition to this one
> (minor body rust, towers are fune), 205k miles.  My shifter
> is also sloppy -
> it wiggles from side to side A LOT, even when you're in gear.
>  Sound like
> the same as the one you looked at?  But back to price...  If
> you can get him
> down to somewhere between $1500 and $2000, I'd say you've got
> a decent deal
> there.  Unfortunately, that means talking him down to half
> his asking price!
>
>     - Justin

And furthermore, '83s have more transmission trouble than earlier
years (from personal experience 500 miles from home and from word on
the street) and should be slightly discounted for that.  Of course,
at this age it may be that the tranny was replaced anyway ...

I doubt you'll make a friend offering him the money you want to pay,
but there are other E21s out there ...

 - thi v.