Re: ...brake job advice...

>Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:54:06 -0700
>From: Jerry Chyo <jerryc@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: My brake job advice & brake fluids <long>
>
>Hey all,
>
>A few days back I posted in response to someone's query on doing an
>E28 brake job.  In my response I advised changing out their brakes
fluid
>with DOT 5...

For some good information on DOT 5 fluid I reccommend you check
http://www.mossmotors.com tech tips (generic.)  In summary, the
advantage of DOT 5 is that it will not absorb water and cause rust in
your brake system and make your system last forever (almost.)  One
disadvange is that under severe braking (read "race") the fluid will not
perform as well as conventional.

Frank Crowe
'71 2002
'59 TR3