320iS Advice

I found an 83' 320iS for sale.  It's in OK condition - Runs rather well,
gears are some what sloppy, the interior is in great shape other than the
seats being worn out, approx. 160xxx miles, towers are rust free - yes
really!, trunk is almost rust free with some minor rust on the seams behind
the wheel wells, front end has had some apparent body work and some other
minor body work on the passenger side.  The asking price is $3,500 which is
way too much (I think) for that car.  I'd give $1000 for it (if he would
come down that far).  I know what my wife would say, but I ask - am I crazy
or should I make an offer?

Mike White
BMW CCA #109658
87 325iS