Vanos repost for Jim C.

    Jim
I bought my chip from Mesa in Jan. of this year, for my '93 325ISA.
Do you program the chip differently for an automatic as opposed to a
stick?
    Here is the scenario, from a dead stop, idling, punch the accelerator.
The car leaves relatively slow for a few seconds, then there is a very
noticeable change in both power and noise ( intake suction) at this point
the car accelerates very quickly.

    Same scene except this time after hard accelerating, lift right foot and coast
or brake to almost a complete stop (2or3 mph or 1000 rpm or so) punch the
throttle again and this time there is no "delay" in the power band, the motor
reacts instantly.
    I have your previous post regarding "slushboxes" are not and should not
be considered a "sport or performance" car. I really love my auto and I am
just plain tired of pushing a clutch.
    I realize this is not a big issue but would like your thoughts on the "Vanos"
as being enable to engage "immediately" off idle on the auto as opposed to
a stick where the rpms are brought up before the clutch thus allowing for
full advance from a stop every time.

Thank You for your time,

- --Martin
P.S. I have also done the K&N, M3 exhaust thing, would reprograming
the chip be recommended?