2.  11.6 inch 2 piece KVR rotor with Wilwood
3.  11 inch VW again with AP 4 piston
4.  11.6 inch KVR 2 piece again with AP

#1 costs ~$1k while #4 goes around $2k.

Ernie Bellos in Florida uses the 11 inch VW rotor with stock caliper or a
SAAB? 52mm
piston caliper.

I went to E30 M3 struts & hubs to gain the larger front bearing in the
front (rear bearing is same as 4 bolt's)
and 11 inch rotor which is 25mm thick (vs 22mm for most 11 inch).  Many
brake upgrades for the E30 M3 BTW.

So after all the work I did to upgrade my car when it had the 4 bolt hubs
was mainly in vain.
Why?  'Cause those ITS E30 325is like Tony Burdett's in Atlanta runs 1.45
laps at Road Atlanta
on stock rotors & calipers (ducted of course).  Makes you realize that the
saying, size isn't as important
as knowing how to use it still rings true for brakes.

1.45 at Road Atlanta with a E30 325is is one of my goals in life even
though I have 70 more hp than Tony's car
and bigger brakes.  BTW,  Harold Audaer runs 325i front brakes and the
original drums on his 318
club racer and both of us would be doing good to keep up.  Best time I have
at Road Atlanta
now is 1.50.

I'm not upgrading again until I can match these peer's performance...

Grant
gwells@domain.elided
'87 E30