re:Location of Factory Alarm Prewire '95 325is

>Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:04:30 -0700
>From: trieu@domain.elided
>Subject: Location of Factory Alarm Prewire '95 325is

>I am considering purchasing the Stellar alarm which plugs directly
>into
>the factory alarm harness. I was trying to locate the connector for
>the
>siren under the hood last nite and can't seem to find it. It should >be
>on the passenger side near the positive jumper terminal? Anyone know
>the
>exact location of the plug for the siren??? Anayone have experience
>with
>the Stellar alarms or factory alarm??

>Thanks!
>Don

Don,
I have a Stellar (AutoLoc) alarm on my E34.  It has the random code
switching and operates the doorlocks remotely.  One thing I don't like
about it is that the lights don't flash when arming/disarming/alarming.
The tech said it could be done but it's a PITA.  My alarm plug is
located under the back seat, right side. YMMV. IMHO, it's not as good as
the K-9 I installed in my truck, but it was very cheap. About $60.00!
Good luck!

Chuck MacWilliam, R.N.
'92 525i
'85 325e