Speeding Ticket Pole

In 29 years of driving, I've gotten 2 speeding tickets.  Both by radar.  First
one in New Mexico when I was 18, paid it.  Second one in Castro Valley,
CA, when my original Passport radar detector failed.  Went to commedy
traffic school.  It wasn't that funny, but probably better than the
cop-taught blood-and-guts-film schools.  Yes, I do speed, but not by that
big a margin, and only as conditions permit.

You might as well include my wife in the pole.  In 27 years of driving,
she's had one speeding ticket, pulled over by a CHP motorcycle officer
that sneaked up on her on I-880 northbound near the Oakland Coliseum.
She pretty much only speeds on freeways and straight rural roads, as
conditions permit.  She went to traffic school too, but it was the
cop-taught blood-and-guts-film type.

Does this mean we're not speeding enough, or that we just watch more
closely for cops?

>Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:25:31 -0700
>From: mitchell ma <mwma@domain.elided>
>Subject: Speeding tickets (WOB)
>
>Michel Potheau writes:
>
>> Most young drivers average a ticket every year or so.
>>
> I presume Michel is referring to "speeding" tickets. So let's take an
>informal poll. What would be considered the average out there in
>digestland? How many speeding tickets a year do you get?

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977