re: E30 traction

I think most 325e's have a predisposition for poor traction.  They'll
slip for any reason, given the opportunity.  In my opinion, it;s
caused by the relatively large amount of torque.  This doesn't
seem to be a problem with 325i's, but the only i I've driven was a
convertible (much heavier than average).

- --You don't mention what types of tires you've used, but it *should* help
  to switch to some tires with better traction.  If you're not on a
  budget, anything on the Bridgestone Potenza line looks great. (Plus they
  have kinda neat ads :)  I recently switched to Dunlop D60A2's, which
  helped tremendously, and I'd suggest them if you don't want to spend
  $800 for tires.
- --The size of the tire is very important as well.  Wider is better, as it
  provides more area for the tire to grip the road.
- --Add some weight to the drive wheels of the car, if you can.
  (Note: slipping never seems to happen when other people are in the
  car--coincidence?  nope!)  Sounds to me like you'll be able to get sand
  at convenience stores soon.
- --Limited slip differential helps tremendously.  Again, you've got to have
  some green for this one.
- --Be *extremely* timid in the rain.  Drive at the back of the pack, and
  stay on major roads that don't have standing water, if possible.

That's about all the advice I can offer, and if nothing helps, don't keep
driving your car if it's an accident waiting to happen.  It may be time to
consider a different car, if you can't work with the one you have. :(

Alix
'86 325e