re:E30 traction

>Whenever it rains my tail just whips out.  I
>know you may think I'm driving to fast but that's >definitely not the
case.
>I've tried various brands of tires but nothing seems >to help.  The
winter is right around the corner and >snow tires don't even help.  Do
I have something
>wrong?  Should I place sand bags or bricks into my >trunk to gain
some weight?  Any suggestions?

>Renato Gravato
>1987 BMW 325

this might be a good time to check your suspension, ie springs and shocks.
if they're worn you will not get good contact and make the problem worse.

My sister's '91 325ia did the same, but only with a heavy foot on the
throttle to start with, and it prefered to do it on left turns. We just
learned how to control it and have a little fun with it, but that's probably
not the solution you're looking for. It didn't need new springs/shocks, but
it wasn't doing it on every turn like what you're describing either.

Ask me how we both learned not to use kickdown when it was raining.  ;)

Felix Vicente
Miami, FL (occasionally)
'95 325i, blk/blk, BL/SS'd, Sharked, and X'd
soon to be M3-Muffler'd