Beating tickets...could it be true?

I do not know if this is true... but if it is, this could be very helpful.

THIS IS FOR USA ONLY
 ----------
I tried to pass this on to anyone I could think of.  I know for a fact that
this works so if you ever get in this situation, you have an out. This
procedure works in any state. Read it and try it, you have nothing to loose
but the points in your license. If u get a speeding ticket or went through
a red light or whatever the case may be, and you are going to get points on
your license, then there is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get any
points. When u get your fine, send in the check to pay for it and if the
fine is say $79, then make the check out for $82 or some small amount above
the fine. The system will then have to send you back a check for the
difference, but here is the trick! ---DO NOT CASH THE CHECK!! Throw it
away!  Points are not assessed to your license until all the financial
transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the
transactions are not complete. However the system has gotten its money so
it is happy and will not bother you any more. SOURCE: Thoonen Production
Administrator RACV Touring Publications.