RE: [pb] Re: [pb] I brought a knife to a gunfight

Not just No, but HELL No?

The maturing process for Mr. Thi:

Age: 16y.3mos
 Bumped '79 635Csi into back of Buick in parking lot (I was watching
oncoming cars,
 they lurched toward traffic but stopped)
Age: 16.9
 'Too fast for conditions.'  Crashed '68 2002 VIN 1660107 into guardrail
via trailing
 throttle oversteer.  Hypothesis confirmed: car is smarter than driver
is brave.
 Repeated corner in subsequent 2002s at same speed WITHOUT lifting
successfully.
Age: 17.10.1wk
 Speeding ticket 3 mi from home.  Down street marked 35, going 47, no
kiddies in sight.
 Written as 44 (2 points + fine) as a break.  Amen, yes sir officer sir.
Age: 17.10.2wks
 Speeding ticket in snooty high $$$ patrolled subdivision.  '44' in 35
again.  Dammit.
Age: 18.8
 Failure to heed traffic sign or signal: drove around 'Road closed' sign
to get to Dad's
 office.  4 points, fine.  2 points left on license.  Pay your own
insurance ($1400/6 mos.
 GEICO) says Dad, finally.
Age: 20.6
 Following too closely.  Crashed '78 323i into pickup truck on I-20.
Late for exam.
 Even later after wreck. Got B+ anyway.  Was changing radio stations
during rush hour,
 traffic stopped and I didn't.
Age: 21.2
 Speeding: 72 in 55 (4 pts, fine)  Had JUST cleared hill at 120 in '79
635, good binders.
 Glad I was paying attention, or I get a ride downtown.
Age: 22.1
 Speeding: 78 in 55 (you know, 4 pts, fine) '78 323i with lying metric
speedometer.  Probably
 should have lifted before that crest.  PAY ATTENTION.

Age: 27.10 now.  I guess I've tamed a tad since my youth, or gotten
luckier.

- - Thi VanAusdal

End of bmw-digest V9 #355