E30 traction!

I've been having this problem ever since I've owned this car, if it even is
a problem.  I'm not sure on the actual specs are but what is the avg. weight
of the backend of an 87 E30?  Whenever it rains my tail just whips out.  I
know you may think I'm driving to fast but that's definitely not the case.
I've tried various brands of tires but nothing seems to help.  The winter is
right around the corner and snow tires don't even help.  Do I have something
wrong?  Should I place sand bags or bricks into my trunk to gain some
weight?  Any suggestions?

Renato Gravato
1987 BMW 325