Z3 2.8 praise!!!

    Hey everyone,
    I was fortunate enough this weekend to borrow a friend's Z3 2.8
while she was out of town!  I have never driven one of these little road
rockets before and I have NOTHING but good things to say about it.  This
sweet little gem of a car throws you back in your seat in EVERY single
gear and has a seductive and melodious exhaust note that NO car guy
could ever resist!!!  Unreal!!!, the brakes are of superlative quality!
I can I only dream about how amazing an M Roadster must be.  Anyone know
why this car just FEELS faster than either a 325/328 and even the M3???
I can't understand but I had a silly grin on my face EVERYTIME I drove
this car.  Now, if the styling wasn't so effeminate and flashy compared
to that of the M3 and I could fit some golf clubs and some friends in
the back seats then I might actually get one.  However, as a
third/weekend car, this baby would be extremely hard to beat!!!  It even
shifts smoother and easier than other E36 cars!!  What's up with this
thing???  Now, one complaint is the plastic rear window---crazes way too
easily for having only 6K miles.
                Mike
                M3
                325is