Re: Euro vs US engine designation

> > S52  3.2  6  4   286 @7000  231 @3600   96 on  E36 M3 late model US
> >                                                 single VANOS
>
> This is the early Euro motor specs (pre-'96), not US.  Also, there is a slight
> difference in the engine designation between US and Euro, just can't recall
> what it is, possibly M52 vs S52.

I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong.

The '95 and before Euro engine designation is S50 and was a 3.0L putting out 286hp, not sure what to
torque was (I assume 231), US spec was S50US with 240hp and 225 ft lbs.

M52 is the 96 to 98 2.8L engine used in the 328, 528 and Z3 2.8. The engine designation for the 99s
is M52TU which adds double VANOS, increases the torque (at a lower RPM), and adds a couple hp.

Bruce
98 M roadster