Re:Euro speed traps/speeding

I have to agree with Andrew that there are a lot of
speed traps in Europe. I grew up in Switzerland and
got busted a couple of times for speeding, even though
the speed limit is 120km/h (75mph).
When I moved to California I got 4 tickets in the first three
years. I guess it took me a while to adjust to the lower
speed limits. But since then five years without any speeding
tickets have past, and here's (IMHO) why:

1. I'm driving in a BMW . Unlike others I think this is an
    advantage. I think cops go more after the Z 28's, Mustangs
    and the tricked out Hondas. (did I forget any others?)

2. I won't by a red, yellow or white car.(I'll consider red
    when I can afford a Ferrari.)

3. I keep my eyes open.

4. And last but not least, just got to be lucky some times.
   ( Just ask Duane).

BTW here's my speeding story (with obligatory BMW content):
It was back in '88 when I lived in Switzerland. I was on my way
home from work on the freeway with my ' 82 VW GTI. Back then
the GTI's were the hot cars and their drivers were labeled as
speeders etc....
Anyway, I was in the right lane going the speed limit (75mph).
In the fast lane about two car lengths behind me a was a burgundy
BMW 528. As I got closer to the car ahead of me I shifted into
4th gear accelerated and moved over in the fast lane ahead of the
528. I'm still accelerating, the 528 stays on my tail so I continue
to speed up (give me a break, I was only 21 and thought I could
outrun the Bimmer). I'm in fifth gear nearing red line, approx. 115mph,
the 528 still behind me but at a save distance. I keep the pedal
to the metal for an other mile till my exit nears. As I'm slowing
down I notice a flashing sign on the front of the Bimmer: STOP
POLICE. To make a long story short. The BMW was an unmarked
Highway Patrol. I got a $300 fine and lost my license for six months.

Norm  ' 97 M3