Re: 95 850 Advertised in Tacoma

>Hey Duane,

>Found the bubba beater!   Just kidding...

>In today's paper:

>1995 850 Turbo
>19,950.00

>Don't know a thing about it, just passing it on
>in case there is someone out there who is
>desperately seeking 12 cylinders and high maintenance
>bills.  ;-)

><tongue_in_cheek>
>Whatta suppose it will be worth in another three
>years?  Since it appears that there is a 20K slide
>per annum, I am guessing that the next owner is gonna
>pay about 40K to have someone haul it away.</tongue_in_cheek>

>It would sure be a fun little toy...wonder how it would
>do against my old 7er(s)?

>Jan Nelson
>82 745i
>83 745i

Hmm, sounds like a definite typo to me. Perhaps it's been hit? I will glad
trade my '92 325i for it if it's all in one piece and doesn't need a new
drivetrain. :-) I strongly suspect the add was screwed up. I think they
probably meant a VOLVO 850 Turbo. A '95 would be in the $20k range so that's
most probable. Maybe the price was just misprinted. It's happened plenty of
times before. About 6 months ago here in the Cincinnati Enquirer, I saw what
sounded like an awesome '86 636csi for like $3,500. Turns out he wanted more
like $13,500 for it. Some things are just too good to be true, oh well. :-)

Regards,

John

1990 750iL
1992 325iA