E36 M3 BL/SS (with ERK) installation

......went very well without a hitch, except when the circlip for the bottom
of the shifter went flying during the reinstall.  Only took me 30 minutes to
find it.  Hehe.  Total install time was 2 hrs.   I never thought a short
shifter would make much of a difference.  Or perhaps I could not justify
$900 for an AC Schnitzer shifter.  But I sure can justify $280 (delivered)
for the BL/SS with ERK.  I'd be interested in hearing from those
who have tried both (and other) shifters.  I never met Ben Liaw, but I
corresponded with him several times via e-mail about a year ago.  Ben
impressed me as a real enthusiast and a good, honest, guy.  When I came back
on the Digest two weeks ago I decided to check out his kit.  I ordered it
Monday and received it today.  I assumed that there was development input
from other Bubba Digesters.  Shifting during the first test drive was much
shorter, more precise, with slightly more effort required.  Usual
disclaimers from a satisfied customer.  BTW  I live in Atlanta and during
the test drive, I only got honked at once.  For the lady behind me, I was
too slow entering the drive to the convenience store.   I know I was able to
give her the universal carpal digital sign of disrespect AT LEAST one second
faster with my new BL/SS with ERK shifter...........

Chris Brennan
BMW CCA #19577
95 M3 68 1600