Re: Tickets in CA

> I had been under the impression for a long time that the CHP did not use
> radar except in some very limited circumstances. I know this has changed
[...]

While I've been in the SF Bay area for only a year, my experience
coincides with yours: in my travels South to San Luis Obispo, North to
Ukiah, and East to Sacramento, I've yet to see a single CHP radar. Of
course, since most of my previous driving was done in Hawaii (where
they've stopped using radar, and have switched to laser, over health
concerns by the PO union), I may not know what to look for. <g>

[...]
> wood, etc.) My "secret" is to make sure there's always someone going a
> little bit faster than me within view. I also try not to drive like a total
> jerk and save the really high-speed runs for areas with little traffic and a
> known absence of speed traps.

FWIW, I've also gone ticketless for a number of years now, following
pretty much the same strategy.

- -jerry