<MISC> Overdrive

This brings up a question that I've always had.  What constitutes an
overdrive gear.  I always assumed it meant a ratio of less that 1:1.
Kinda like .80:1 with my 5th gear.  Is that all it is, or are the gears
actually physically different?  Hope it's not too off topic.

- --David Boyd, boydd@domain.elided
'84 325e 200k
BMW CCA
BMW ACA

IIRC the American spec M3 has a different gearbox than the Euro spec
models
	where fifth is an overdrive rather than another "proper" gear

End of bmw-digest V9 #344