RE:student/instructor intercom recommendation

In the Windy City chapter, and other schools I've attended, the instructors
are either issued the intercom system or they have their own. Sometimes the
instructors don't have a system, or have a faulty system. Last year, to
insure that my instructor would not have to scream over the engine at me,
and also to insure that at least I would only have my own breath and germs
to inhale, I purchased my own system from OG Racing. I think it cost around
$60 bucks, well worth it. Even if the instructor has her own, she
appreciates me having the receiver/transmitter setup and my earpiece/mike
in place. In case you think I'm being paranoid about the germs issue, try
purchasing a pro microphone and then returning it. It's just like bedding,
and swim-wear (to my understanding) in that there are health laws that
prevent their return. Anyway, it's an investment that insures clear
communication. One of my instrutors said, it's not only important to be
able to hear each other, but it's also imortant to hear the silence (as in
when a student panics and stops breathing momentarily).

- - Chip Eberhart
Windy City Chapter
BMW CCA
#144492
Gettin' ready for Road America this weekend.