<E36M3> Ice/Snow Tires: Hakka 1 vs. Yoko Guardex

Hi gang-
	Been watching with fierce interest the snow tire exchanges of late.
Being in upstate NY I have to take the plunge, but I'm having trouble making
a decision.  Can't go with the popular favorite for light snow/slush/wet
performance (the Pirelli winter 210P or 210A) b/c the M3 is a daily driver
on a 50 mile commute, and snow/ice accumulation during the day is pretty
common. Had experience with 1 season-old Blizzaks (bought used) on a '93
Prelude Si  last year (NO-- I will not restart the Prelude vs. M3 (WOB) war,
but I will offer my opinion privately if you must have it) and thought they
were great, but I fear they wouldn't even last 2 seasons on the M3.  Current
choices are between the Pirelli Ice versions, Yokohama Guardex, and Hakka
1s.  My guess is that the Hakkas are the choice, but the others are cheeper
(the guardex significantly so) and a bit more convenient to get.  Has anyone
used two (or more) of these brands on an E36 and can compare their snow/ice
performance?  Also, other e36m3 owners have suggested the ACT 16" rims as a
good low-cost snow rim, but Tire Rack no longer carries them, just the MM
Synthesis @ $129 per.  Is this as good a choice? Were the ACTs cheeper or
better, and if so are they available somewhere else? Is there another choice
in 16x7 or 7.5 (6.5 width may work too, since tire width will only be 205mm)
that will clear the M3 rotors?  Please let me know, on or off list (I'll
summarize any off-list responses in a later post.). Thanks, John (98 M3/4,
waiting for snow boots)