Re: Detailing Question

Surprisingly, I found the best solution to getting stuff off the plastic was
wax (wax on wax)!  I use all of the Zymol products (I know, some of you will
say it sucks and it's not worth it, but I like it), and I had all sorts of
stains on the plastic, from dead bugs to the Zymol prewax stuff.  I scrubbed
and I scrubbed, but couldn't get any of it off.  Then, by accident, as I was
waxing my car with the Zymol Carbon Wax, I noticed that if I wipe the wax onto
the plastic, it lifted off any stains present.  Worked better than anything I'd
ever tried.  The Zymol car waxes are different from other waxes in that they go
on clear.  It's almost like grease.  Only problem is, the wax is expensive as
sh*t, but if you have any of it lying around, I'd give it a try.  Maybe it's
the greasy quality of the wax that does it.  Maybe it's some ingredient in it.
In any case, it worked like a charm and doesn't take that much of it to get
results.  Maybe you can try something greasy that won't stain or discolor the
plastic if you don't have any Zymol wax or if you think the wax on wax idea is
silly.  Vaseline, maybe?  I'm always wary to use some of the chemical stain
removers they have out there on plastic, cause I'm paranoid about ruining the
color with a harsh substance.  The Zymol's nice and gentle.  Hope that gives
you some ideas.

Sung Shin.