Re: Supercharger, bmw-digest V9 #335

Hi,

The gain on the ERT stage 1 supercharger is 90 hp for a total
of 280hp on my 93 325i. The stage 2 system includes a BB Throttle
Body and Free Flow exhaust for at total of 300hp.

The reason the M coupe pulls harder than my car is because the torque
curves of the 2 cars are totally different. My car develops max torque
near 6500 RPM while the M Coupe ( and other Mers) hit max torque at 3800
RPM.  This results in a very torquey, powerful feeling car.

My car pulls strong from 3500 to 6500 RPM, but it doesn't feel as strong
as the M Coupe.

I went with a SC because:

1. I could take it out later and put it in another car ( which
   will probably be pretty soon here)

2. All other mods would not get me the great torque that I desired. I
   considered a new diff. but didn't want to have my engine revving so
   high on the freeways.

Call Mike at ERT for all the details.

Somckit Khemmanivanh

PS You may want to turbo your car for about the same price.