e28 shocks recommendations needed

Hi all,

I am planning to change the front struts on my 1988 528e.  I would like to
get some feedback on what kind/brand name should I put in.  I would like the
ride to be a bit stiffer than stock but I am not going to / cannot drive
aggressively with the 528e.  Durability is more important here.  I have used
KYB on my 320i and I am pretty happy with it.

While I am at it, what else should I be looking at?  I have already changed
the ball joints and the thrust bushings.  Thanks in advance for any
suggestions.

Vince Lau
79 320i
88 528e