stupid E30 M3 questions

Since I am not looking into an E30 M3 after my 318ti being totalled, I
have some stupid questions.

1. Were there any cosmetic differences between the Euro and US
versions, like the clear lenses with the E36's?

2. Is the battery in the trunk or engine compartment?

3. Do they have a cup holder? (gotta have my morning coffee ;-) )

4. With the 2.5l conversion, what is the approximate HP for the M3?  I
saw at Turner's web site that the regular 2.3 chip has a ~24 HP gain,
which would make it about 220 HP.  I thought the 2.5l was about that.
So with Turner's/Conforti's 2.5 chip, does that make it about 240 HP?

5. Any major differences in the model years?  I read that the '88's
came stock with a weak subframe which was beefed up starting around
'89.  This will mostly be for street use (I drive pretty "spirited"),
but I do love to do drivers schools...

Thanks!

- -Ken ;   Salem, MA
'97 318ti Sport, RIP....