Poll on Speeding Tickets

>Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:25:31 -0700
>From: mitchell ma <mwma@domain.elided>
>Subject: Speeding tickets (WOB)

> I presume Michel is referring to "speeding" tickets. So let's take an
>informal poll. What would be considered the average out there in
>digestland? How many speeding tickets a year do you get? How about some of
the more rabid drivers
>out there?

Mitchell, as the reputed most RABID of the RABID drivers, I'd love to take
part in your poll.

I get ZERO.  Yup, dat's right...zip-zilch-nada.

How do I do it?  My charming repertoire?  My personable demeanor?  My good
looks? Uh-UH.  I don't speed on the street (well, mostly never unless
there's a Ferrari around that needs a spanking).

It's not moralistic - it's mathematical, mostly.

Speeding ticket up to 20 mph over  = 4 points, $ 100.00.    Insurance goes
up about $ 350.00 per ticket in my neck of the woods.
Net cost = $ 450.00 per ticket.

Track Day @ Summit  = $ 125.00   3 track days = $ 375.00 plus enough speed
to whup my arse tired outta the car fer a week.
And I don't haveta go to court.  And as I side benefit I won't  wipe out
some nice lady in her Volvo taking the kids to soccer practice.

So I get three track days for the cost of one speeding ticket.  Sounds like
a deal to me.

(There ends the lesson for the day.)

Duane Collie
RM3DR1/UUC/Bubba