Re: Hello Techno Violet Dinan M3 northbound on US101 11.30AM 10/13

> Well, I think you should tell us all what happened...I am SO curious.
> Dave

	Well, without going into the details (since I would get chastised by
	by some) I was travelling up 101 (North, around Palo Alto) when a
	Techno-Violet M3 with a Dinan badge (requires 10 points, which probably
	means a stage III suspension, exhaust, airbox,chip etc etc just like my
	old M3 - without the attention grabbing badge) and a rather aggressive
	aftermarket wing (perhaps a lightweight with the comp spacers) came
	up alongside me (Artic Silver 98 911 C2S, Aerokit II, Euro-spec sport
	suspension and Turbo brakes) ...

	Well to cut a long story short the M3 exhibited some "aggressive"
	driving techniques which I (ashamedly) took as an invitation ...

	So ... to cut a long story short ...

	It was quite entertaining, but ultimately one of us exhibited more
	prudence than the other, and I exhibited the advantages of a close
	ratio 6 speed tranny ... "Chewy angle the deflectors while I prepare
	to shift into 3rd gear" ... the stars merged into a singularity and the
	M3 was history ... NOT I hasten to add because my 911 bears any
	resembelance to the Millenium Falcon or that he could'nt keep up
	but because he choose not to I assume ...

	Sadly it would seem my partner in "crime" is not on the digest, a shame
	since it was a nice M3 and I would have loved to know what mods he had
	made to it ...

	Rgds

	- Larry

	P.S
		Save the bandwidth ... write the falme mail, but instead of
	hitting send, hit delete, it's quite cathartic!