<E30>crashed - advice on bodywork?

Hi!

Well, it finally happened. I got overconfident with my
driving skills and the car and crashed. Spinned on a
curve on a highway and ended up in a ditch. *sigh*

I am looking for some advice. Unfortunately, it's hard
to explain but i'll try. The particular damage i am concerned
with was caused by a kilometer sign pole. I crashed that
pole with the side of the car, right in the middle of the
door (I have a 2-door coupe). Now, that would not be too bad
but looking from inside (can't open the door) i can  see
that the floor is damaged, the threshold (?) is pushed
inside by about 5 cm. I would appreciate if you can tell me
whether this may cause the body to deform, like if it
is twisted severely or not. I am hesitating to restore
the car if it will not be "straight" any longer.
The car looks straight from the outside but that's difficult
to judge, you know. Is there a way to reliably measure or
detect the overall body deformation?

I am planning to visit the dealer soon but I'd rather
prefer to have at least an idea of how bad it may be...

Thanks in advance,
Albert

- --
Albert Dorofeev, '86 320i E30 M20/6, Belgium, Europe