re: Unbeatable BMW

I did some research and as far as I could find out, this is the same book
that has been advertised in Roundel and Bimmer and by Classic Motorbooks
for $84.95.  I also checked with Barnes & Noble online and they were, at
one time, offering it at a substantial discount as well.  When I inquired
about it at one of their stores, I was told that the price would be $84.95.
 Other inconsistencies:  the old book was published in the UK by Osprey;
the new one is published in the US by Robert Bentley.  I've seen it
referred to as a "second edition", indicating that it has been updated and
enlarged.  The old book goes for around $60-$80 on the used book market, so
if this is a new, updated version and we are able to get it for Amazon's
price of $39.95, it seems to represent a good value for our personal BMW
libraries.  Coincidentally, I pre-ordered mine through Amazon; they
confirmed the order and their price and now there is only the waiting.

Speaking of new BMW books, has anybody seen an advance copy of "BMW '02
Restoration Guide"?  It's not supposed to be out until December according
to "Classic Motorbooks".  I was wondering if it was worth the investment or
would just tell more of the same that we already know.

Brian
1996 BMW 318ti