Brighter lights

Has anyone out there tried to change their existing head lights with
higher wattage bulbs. The standard hi beam in a h7 @ 55watts. Has any
body found or tried to upgrade this to a 100w? What will it do to the
light housing from the add'l heat???? What about the electrical
system???? Can it handle it???

Richard Vaughn BMW CCA Tarheel Chapter
'95 740i

Just recently, an 02 enthusiast and I got together to replace the
headlights that I had on the 02.. I had aquired Autopals (they look
like the flat lens Hellas but included with City Lights) and they came
with these super HIGH Wattage Bulbs. Can you say... "90W low beam
100W high beam"..

Now, me thinking the 02 will melt with bulbs that strong... The 02
enthusiast had come up with some figures as to see if those bulbs could
live and not suck too much juice out of the 02.. apparently... after
some calculations.. he figured that they would work.. just don't turn
on the high beams too long I guess, just long enough to scare the
deer... <G>

I have a regular stock alternator in the 02... which I believe is a
Bosch K 1/14 V 45 A 24 (630 W).. so the 02 could probably thrive on
that alternator for some time, but eventually, I would have to upgrade
it...

I had a great time with the installation of my bright lights! Took
about 2-3 hours.. with the calculations and installing and all... he
soldered the wires, he suggested putting in different relays, and fuses
that counteracted with the wires that are in there now... he did a
great clean and efficient work with all the wiring and stuff.. I
learned a lot about the relays, and grounds, and power being generated
from one wire to another..

The City Lights look fab! I know these lights are not legal .... but
you know... Having bright lights is not a bad thing! At least.. that's
the excuse I'm gonna use if I get pulled over..  ;-)

Babe... let me tell you that these lights are super bright! I'm very
satisfied with them... although the people in front of me may not be as
happy as I am with them.. ;-)

Thanks to Mr. 02 enthusiast! <applauding!>

I hope the post cards for the 02 calendar confirmation reached you all
who had sent in your checks... I'll be putting up pix on a website
hopefully this weekend.. (pretty cool postcard eh? thanks to Kinkos for
being open at 1A!)

I might not be able to attend SD autocross this weekend... I'd like to
ship all these calendars out to you on Sat.

Ciao all!

Lisa
02 princess
72 2002
BMW CCA 130542
Cupertino, CA Golden Gate Chapter

PS: Please respond to: L200247@domain.elided or 02princess@domain.elided
I'm going to have to unsubscribe and subscribe again.

PSS: I do have 4 autocross tires for an 02... 2 of the tires have
wheels on them... They are old Yokos.. and great sticky for the track!
Name me a price and they are yours!