Re: Skid Cars

>With winter on the way, a thought struck me on this skid car thing. You
>guys in colder parts of the country could set up "Skid School" days. All
>it would take is an unplowed parking lot and a some cones to set up a
>few exercises.

The local BMW CCA runs ice races during the winter - or at least they try,
though there's only been one in the past 2 years due to insufficient ice
thickness (they're not stupid :) ).  Basically it's run like an autocross on
ice.  Something like what you're suggesting could be incorporated into one
of these - at least in areas that get cold enough to have ice.  I have yet
to try my hand at one myself, but hopefully we'll get some decent ice this
winter.

    - Justin