<wob> How can VW offer a 10 year warranty

>I was just wondering how VW can offer a 10 year warranty on such
>relatively inexpensive cars?
>Why doesn't BMW offer a similar warranty program?  Or for that matter
>all of the other car companies especially the high end luxury car
>companies?

Well Steve, they do and they don't.  The 10yr/100,000 mile warranty is
on the drivetrain.  The bumper to bumper warranty is 2yr/24,000 miles,
and you know how quickly 24,000 miles get eaten up.  I believe once
you sell the car the 10yr quickly drops to 6 or 5 years for the next
owner, but I might be talking outta my butt on this one.

Carlos
95 M3
78 320i
95 Jetta VR6 <---gone, forgotten, coolest thing, it played 'La
Cucaracha' as the door chime.  Maybe 'cuz it was built in Mexico.