BMW CCA state license plates info?

Hey Digesters,

I'd seen the posts on the list in regard to producing CCA state
license plates, and thought similarly, "wouldn't this be great for us
to do, also?".

Maybe that wasn't the right thing to think.

In N.C., unless you qualify (after review by the state Attorney
General), as a 'Civic Club', or do-gooder-type organization (the
vernacular as explained to me by DMV), it requires sponsored
legislation, and a vote by the state legislature to be given the
opportunity to make a custom logo-type license plate.

We all have the KKK to thank for this, as I understand it, as
apparently they had the unmitigated gall to try and procure said
license plates for themselves under the auspices of a 'civic club',
but that's another story...Nonetheless they've screwed everyone else
in the process, in addition to being racist sonsabeeches.

Was the process in MD and VA similar in regard to difficulty, etc?

Interested to hear how your mileage varied....

Frank Massaro
BMW CCA Tarheel/ NCC
'92 325is
'83 533i