Re: more on V1 laser falsing

    Rob> Ok, I promised no more V1 posts, but this still bugs me.  I
    Rob> realized last night that it's not the light, and it's not the
    Rob> heat that sets off my rear laser alert all the time.  The V1
    Rob> goes off every time I step on the gas.  Yep, under
    Rob> acceleration it goes off, I let off gas - it goes quiet.  So
    Rob> it seems like I'm picking up ignition noise along the 12 foot
    Rob> "phone" power cable.  I guess I need a "Monster Phone"
    Rob> cable. :)

    Rob> I haven't had a chance to disable the laser detection yet,
    Rob> but I'm now wondering if I should get the unit serviced cause
    Rob> there is something flaky about the way electrical noise makes
    Rob> the laser go off...

V1 shows a laser alert when the voltage supplied to it drops (e.g. on
some cars it happens when you adjust power mirrors).  Because of this,
V1 is a great tool to warn about a flaky alternator. In this case I'd
say excessive resistance of 12 foot phone cable could be part of the
problem.  I wonder why voltage actually drops when you step on gas,
though ...

Gleb