more on V1 laser falsing

Ok, I promised no more V1 posts, but this still bugs me.  I realized last
night that it's not the light, and it's not the heat that sets off my rear
laser alert all the time.  The V1 goes off every time I step on the gas.
Yep, under acceleration it goes off, I let off gas - it goes quiet.  So it
seems like I'm picking up ignition noise along the 12 foot "phone" power
cable.  I guess I need a "Monster Phone" cable. :)

I haven't had a chance to disable the laser detection yet, but I'm now
wondering if I should get the unit serviced cause there is something flaky
about the way electrical noise makes the laser go off...

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
BMW CCA # 135536, NCC