Reply: Jim C and other upgrades

Dave, 2 questions and some comments:

>Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 22:31:37 EDT
>From: FAST4DR@domain.elided
>Subject: Jim C and other upgrades???
>
>Okay, I know that the Jim C upgrade is the way to go for the DME, but
>what else  do I need to go along and compliment it on my 98 M3?
>Depending on what dealer you talk to, everyones idea works best.  Ha,
>like the SCHRICK manifold!  I am wondering about upgrading the intake.
> Do I use a cone or a drop in.  Do I need the Euro HFM, or is that a pos.
>UGH!  I want to increase the performance, but am not sure what else to
>do, other than sharking it.  Please advise.  TIA
>Dave
>98 M3/4

Q1:  How fast do you want to go?
Q2:  How much $$ do you want to spend?

Your car is still under warranty, so you might want to check into
whether or not any planned mods will void the warranty before you start
making changes.  (We've already seen Jim C's comments on this with
respect to his chip, but I'm thinking about the other mods you might want
to do.)

While you're waiting for the warranty to expire (or until you get tired of
waiting!), go to a few drivers' schools and learn how to drive the car.
Unless you're a veteran racer, I'll bet the car can go faster than you can!

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977
1990 325i/is hybrid / M3 wannabe