Re: Paintless Dent Removal

My car is a '92 535i black w/ black leather.  Bought the car with dings on
every panel door and hood.  Got a guy that does the paintless dent work,
had worked on my dads '92 300SD and took every single dent out of the car.
I really didn't remember what my car looked like with the dents since we
had this done a few days after purchasing.  I can't notice any blemishes
where the dings were.  Ther was even an area about 6 inches long that had
been dented, unoticable as well.  The car is perfect still, except for one
ding I got like a week later from jeep who parked way to close to me,
didn't check my car hard enough because I was with my friend and didn't
want to look like a paranoid freak.  Besides that, the car is beautiful!

>Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 23:03:21 EDT
>From: SADARE@domain.elided
>Subject: hail damage - reply
>
>Tomas asked:
>
><< A local dealer has a nice 1994 540i for sale but it has many "minor" dents
> on the hood and trunk that it received from a hail storm.  The salesperson
> said that they would be removed by their in-house paintless dent removal
> person.  He said I would not be able to see where the repair was done.  Is
> this true?  Is the work that good?  Will the car have low or high spots that
> show up after several years of waxing or buffing?  Btw, the color of the car
> is black - that seems to make it worse.  I welcome opinions.  The car has
> 47,000 miles and is selling for $27,000.  Oh, and it's auto (too bad). >>
>
>If you like the car, but are concerned about the quality of the repair,
make a
>deal on the car that is subject to your approval of the repair. Give them a
>deposit, make sure there is a time limit, and if they don't do a good job,
>reject the repair and get your deposit back. If they do a good job on the
>repair, then you get a good deal. The only thing this costs you is time.
>
>Scott Adare
>Spokane, WA
>'95 M3

Michael Gruby