hail damage - reply

Tomas asked:

<< A local dealer has a nice 1994 540i for sale but it has many "minor" dents
 on the hood and trunk that it received from a hail storm.  The salesperson
 said that they would be removed by their in-house paintless dent removal
 person.  He said I would not be able to see where the repair was done.  Is
 this true?  Is the work that good?  Will the car have low or high spots that
 show up after several years of waxing or buffing?  Btw, the color of the car
 is black - that seems to make it worse.  I welcome opinions.  The car has
 47,000 miles and is selling for $27,000.  Oh, and it's auto (too bad). >>

If you like the car, but are concerned about the quality of the repair, make a
deal on the car that is subject to your approval of the repair. Give them a
deposit, make sure there is a time limit, and if they don't do a good job,
reject the repair and get your deposit back. If they do a good job on the
repair, then you get a good deal. The only thing this costs you is time.

Scott Adare
Spokane, WA
'95 M3