Re: administrivia, basic politeness, don't rise to bait

Richard Welty wrote:

> i think that many members of the digest should take some time off from
> posting for a while. i know it's tough to walk away from provocative
> postings, but i think the tone would benefit if people learned to take an
> extra minute or two, reread what they're about to send, and maybe rewrite
> it and maybe not send it at all.

Let me second this and add a bit:

	When you're done with a post, before you send it,
	ask yourself:  "If I send this to 1000 BMW enthusiasts,
	how many will appreciate it?  Will it make anyone's
	day happier?  Will it save anybody time or money?"

If your answers aren't positive, either send the note privately or don't
send it at all.  FWIW, I have scrapped many fully written emails when I
stopped and asked those questions.

Brian