<E28> Hard starting when warm?

Hi all,

Just for my information.

My car's developed an interesting problem recently (1 week ago noticed
it first) and I don't feel like going through all my material to find an
answer.

Here are the symptomes:
- -Car starts fine when cold or after sitting for a period of time
- -When restarting the car 15 minutes to a few hours after shut-off it
starts, but it doesn't rev up to around the normal 1500 rpm and then
drop to idle; it starts and goes to 200 rpm then revs up by itself to
idle speed. It doesn't stall. I can quickly press the accelerator and it
responds and then settles into its idle if I rev it when it starts.

My (hasty) Diagnosis:
- -Can't be air intake...just cleaned and checked clearences and flaps
- -Can't be ignition...battery new, plugs somewhat new, wires seem fine,
no one cylinder off, coil somewhat new, distributer somewhat new, rotor
somewhat new, just had that service 4k miles ago
- -Only thing left is either computer (which could do it if it senses
temperature warm and adjusts some settings which I've no idea which)
- -Fuel...fuel filter? fuel pump?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance....

- --
:)Regards
- -Chris Graff
Middletown, New Jersey