ABSOLUTE LAST Thread on BMW Age Discrimination

    Hey Everyone,
    Here's how I see it.  I've been on this digest for almost 2 years.
I am currently 18 years old and am in college studying to be a dentist.
Therefore, I know what's it's like to be young.  I don't see the
situation as discrimination of age or financial means to purchase a
car/boat/etc, I see the problem as one of appearance and first
impression.  If a 18 yr old young adult drives up to a Porsche
dealership wearing baggy pants and driving a Civic blaring rap music and
talks like I hoodlem, I doubt he will get any respect.  However, I have
gone to many exotic car dealerships well dressed by myself or with a
friend and test driven some pretty fine machinery.--M Coupe, new 3
series, lotuses, 911s, Boxsters, a used Ferrari,etc.  Now, it could have
something to do with the fact I am fortunate to have an M3 garage queen
(which I payed for myself through stocks that I invested in with
borrowed money so now flames here) but I think it's more because I try
to be repsectful and coursteous to the salespeople who are only trying
to make a living.
    So, in essence, it's not about age, it's about quality of person and
character that determines respect.
                                        Mike
                                        95 325is
                                        96 euro M3