Stop whining -Re: Chris's rant

So, two engineering degrees at age 21. Professional training at Bondurant
school and unnamed courier service in Boston. Still clueless. It ain't about
show me the money with your 50 grand a year.

Bondurant School has an age limit. If you really went there you would know it.
More age discrimination too?

So, you've been lucky, only one serious accident at age 21. Still doesn't do
it for the insurance tables, does it? If you want to tilt at windmills, don't
tilt at me. Go after the insurance industry. <G>. Convince them that you are
being discriminated against because you pay at least 40% more for insurance
than older drivers do. Maybe insurance actuaries used to be car salesmen and
have it in for you.

Maybe the liquor store is discriminating to because they ask you for an ID and
are not impressed by credentials as easily as you are. They don't card me.
That's discrimination too.; arrogance won't get you far there either.

The fact that you have never received good service at a car dealership speaks
for itself. It is probably a function of attitude rather than age.  I doubt
that you ever will, regardless of your age. And, remember, a lot of
instructors at BMWCCA drivers schools read this Digest. More than a few of
them might remember your name too. Someday your youthful paranoia will yield
to reality.

And, you are truly clueless if you think that someone who sells cars is not
risking their life in a test drive with a total stranger. They do. Just for
giggles, go to a motorcycle dealership and ask to take a Ninja out for a spin.
In these parts you will find they discriminate. Lots. You have to sign a sales
order and leave a deposit to take the cycle out. You break it you bought it.

Someday you might be in a position to be legally and financially responsible
for the actions of subordinates. Oh, I'm sure that with your extensive life
experience you already are. If so, then you understand that a salesman's prime
responsibility is to his employer. To make sales and preserve the integrity of
the operation, even if it means not taking someone with a cashiers check for
$5000 seriously.

Thank you for helping make my point far more eloquently than I could. Then
again, I'm twice your age plus, and obviously the younger uns are smarter and
more invincible although a bit paranoid.  One man's good judgment is another
one's discrimination. And I wouldn't let the 19 year old take the Formula 400
out for a testdrive. Even with daddy or me as a passenger. Truly mean of me,
wasn't it?

Sancho Panza and I are retiring to the sidelines now. Go get 'em Chris. !!! Or
read a play by Ionesco.

Bubba Michel